[conspire] New California laws, 2018

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Tue Jan 9 14:34:06 PST 2018

The old rule certainly was counter-intuitive.

When I was out for a jog and came to the intersection with the countdown
already started, I did a little arithmetic to determine is I could be across
before it timed out.

The old law also didn't recognize that pedestrians may have allowed a turningcar to go ahead before they started walking.  Especially since turning cars don't
always look first.