[conspire] (forw) [skeptic] These psychedelic stickers blow AI minds

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 8 15:54:26 PST 2018

Quoting Ivan Sergio Borgonovo (mail at webthatworks.it):

> I wasn't able to find hi-res images to print.
>
> Did I miss something?

I didn't even notice any claim if those being present.  I merely noticed
it's interesting that AI-driven pattern-matching is vulnerable to fairly
trivial monkeywrenching.

In Cory Doctorow's near-future young-adult SF novel _Little Brother_
(and its sequel _Homeland_), San Francisco is being subjected to
pervasive surveillance, and the young protagonist and his friends adopt
a variety of clever (and credible) methods to foil surveillance
algorithms used for gait-recognition, face-recognition, etc.  Doctorow
is a little didactic, but it's still an engrossing read.

> I remember I saw another study that suggested make up to avoid face
> recognition.

Yes, and part of the point of this currently described Google research
is that it might be more trivial than that, even.