[conspire] Weird Stuff closing for good Monday, April 9

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Fri Apr 6 09:00:16 PDT 2018

Bummer.   A lot of people get parts for work from Wierd Stuff or HSC. Going there on lunch was even faster than any kind of shipping.

A couple years ago, I used a Radio Shack that was a mile from where I was working.  That shopping center is another big construction project.

Possible alternatives:http://alltronics.com/
http://anchor-electronics.com/
Neither has anywhere near the variety of Wierd Stuff or HSC.

History:  HSC was once located in an old barn at the end of Plymouth in MV.  Now the land of Google.  That business split to become Halted and HSC.

Slightly off topic.  There is a lot of construction.  I wonder if there will be a glut of new apartments in a year or two.   I also wonder about the "retail on first floor".   Most of it will not be any place I will want to frequent. Certainly not another Wierd Stuff.