[conspire] sous vide question.

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Mon Oct 23 13:41:41 PDT 2017

This is primarily directed to Ross, but might be of wider interest.

The benefits of sous vide have been will demonstrated. I have been thinking I should give it a try, but it is not my highest priority.

My wife was cleaning out the kitchen cabinets, found a crock pot, and was about to take it to Good Will.  I said to wait.  It would appear that a change in the temperature control would convert it to sous vide.

Is this a reasonable way to get a sous vide apparatus?

The answer can be boolean. I fully expect that there will be the opportunity to discuss the various circuits at a future CABAL.  I just want to avoid having to go to thrift stores to buy someone else's crock pot.