[conspire] Elise's laptop

Leo P yaconsult at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 11:39:43 PDT 2017

Regarding jailbreaking Kindle - be sure to read the most recent followup
comments on those web pages.

Pages like this looked promising with its "2017" in the title:
https://www.epubor.com/how-to-jailbreak-kindle-paperwhite.html

But reading the comments shows that it doesn't work on recent firmware:

Grace
Re:Ben
<https://www.epubor.com/how-to-downgrade-kindle-firmware-2017.html#a_sms_19223>
06/6/2017 10:56:55
As far as I know, there is no way to jailbreak Kindle Firmware 5.8.8 and
higher. If there will be any solution in the future, I will update
immediately.

francesco
Re:How to Downgrade Kindle Firmware 2017
<https://www.epubor.com/how-to-downgrade-kindle-firmware-2017.html#MysmsPostForm>
06/2/2017 22:27:11

I have a PW3 with a Firmware V. 5.8.9 and a SN: G090 G1.

I tried to copy the 5.7.4 firmware into the root folder but the PW3 erases
it immediately after. Impossible at the moment to do the downgrade in my
device. :-(

My Paperwhite is version 5.8.10.

Leo