[conspire] CABAL meeting ahoy!

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed May 10 16:00:34 PDT 2017

----- Forwarded message from Denny Yang <yangcdenny at gmail.com> -----

Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 14:08:25 -0700
From: Denny Yang
To: installers at linuxmafia.com
Subject: A Linux newbie

Hi Rick and Deirdre,

I just started learning Linux a months ago, and also installed CentOS 7 on
both of my laptop and my desktop.

(At first I was hoping to install Mageia 5 on my laptop, but kept getting
error messages during the installation).

I am wondering if I can bring my laptop over this Saturday and let you guys
double check on my installation and the mount points?

I know this is not a "Linux for Beginners" course, But if you guys don't
mind, I also like to ask you guys a few questions on some of the concepts,
and the LPIC-1 exam.

Have a nice evening, and looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend,
Denny

> I just started learning Linux a months ago, and also installed CentOS 7 on
> both of my laptop and my desktop.
>
> (At first I was hoping to install Mageia 5 on my laptop, but kept getting
> error messages during the installation).
>
> I am wondering if I can bring my laptop over this Saturday and let you guys
> double check on my installation and the mount points?

Of course.  I'd be glad to.

> I know this is not a "Linux for Beginners" course, But if you guys don't
> mind, I also like to ask you guys a few questions on some of the concepts,
> and the LPIC-1 exam.

Sure thing.  Although I've actually not taken any of the certification
courses or exams, I do work as a Linux system administrator, so expect
I'd be able to take a stab at the concepts part, at least.

Be sure to arrive with an appetite, because I enjoy cooking for company.
This will be the first time this year we'll be able to meet in my
spacious back yard, it should be lovely, and I'm really looking forward
to it.

----- End forwarded message -----