[conspire] Contact DOJ and tell them to blow it out their ass

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Mar 23 09:16:51 PDT 2017

Quoting Paul Zander (paulz at ieee.org):

> Earlier in this discussion, there was a reference to Assembly Bill 913
> that was said to reduce frivolous suits.  When I searched for AB-913,
> what I found was a completely different topic.

That's because designations like 'AB-n' and 'SB-n' get re-used every few
years.  Probably (I'm speculating, here[1]), at the seating of a newly
sworn-in legislature, the counting of Assembly and State Senate bill
numbers starts over again from '1'.  Here is the AB-913 discussed:
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB913

A similar thing happens, you may realise, with California propositions
on the statewide ballot.  We often speak as if there has only ever
been one 'Proposition 13' in California, the famous 1978 one about property
taxes, but there was also one in 2009, for example (I think).

> However, I did find Senate Bill 269 which gives business the opportunity to correction certain problems.  It was passed and signed by Gov Brown May of 2016https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160SB269
> http://sd31.senate.ca.gov/news/2016-05-11-calif-governor-signs-ada-tort-reform-billhttp://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/news/2016/05/10/governor-signs-bill-creating-ada-grace-period-for.html

FWIW, I found mention of that one, too, over the last couple of days.

[1] As further proof -- as if we need it -- that all knowledge is _not_
contained in {Google|DuckDuckGo|Bing|etc.}, I suggest using search
engines to answer the question 'When does {Senate Bill|Assembly
Bill|Proposition} numbering start over from 1?'  (Memo to self:  Need
a StackExchange for governance topics.)