[conspire] Content your impulse-control abilities and tell them to pay attention

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Mar 15 19:13:54 PDT 2017

CC'ing you directly so you cannot claim you didn't get this.
Pay fucking attention.

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> I don't care.

The problem is not whether you care [about anything] or not.  That
really doesn't matter.  The problem is that you lack a coherent plan
and/or cannot be bothered to be clear.

You started this thread by posting a link to a PDF from some UC Berkeley
bureaucrats, made a rather boozy ideological claim about it, and
suggested that someone-everyone-nobody-in-particular 'Contact DOJ and
tell them to blow it out their ass.'

Do you have a history of telephoning or writing the United States
Department of Justice and telling them to blow it out their ass, my good
sir?  Please cite particulars of exactly what happened when you did
that, so we can emulate your successes at achieving practical results.
Is there a specific program the Department of Justice operates whereby
an intern counts how many citizens request ass-blowing and track the
suggested ass-gale directions, and reassigns prosecutors based on the
counts?

All of us are waited with baited breath, quills poised, to apply the
exact assitude request in exactly the most battle-tested manner, and all
you have to do is let us know _all_ about how this works.

Because I'm sure this is all rooted in a deep knowledsge of the issues,
otherwise, I'm sure you would not have chanced a call to arms that, if
you knew fsck-all, would just make you look like a loudmouth idiot with
no clue and no plan.

Eh, no, acidic sarcasm just isn't a blunt enough weapon for you, is it?
OK, let's change gears.  Ahem.

<hat='listadmin'>

As you know, I am currently in the Caribbean and only very rarely able
to get (slow, unreliable) satellite Internet access.  Here, I check in,
and I find you launching an incredibly stupid, clueless, vague, and
useless rant asking people to do something that makes NO sense
whatsoever, and then going out of your way to pick a fight with everyone
around you on some dumbass point of ideology that nobody cares about.
Moreover, you do not bother to explain what is actually going on in the
cited document, for the predictable if somewhat pathetic reason that
you probably don't understand more than 20% of it (and that's being
generous).  You very _certainly_ do not understand the Department of
Justice.

That leaves us in an unfortunate situation where I am unable to closely
monitor this thread for some days to come, but extremely unhappy with
the conduct I'm seeing here, most particularly from you.  And so I'm
firing a shot across your figurative bow, hoping you're smart enough to
listen even though I'm using multisyllable words for the time being.

The next time you say anything on this thread or any other thread on
Conspire, I expect you to omit _all_ of the present content-free drivel,
or else I am going to kick your ass so goddamned hard, it's going to
bounce off the Department of Justice building at 950 Pennsylvania
Avenue, six blocks from the White House.

You have just been warned.  Don't fuck it up (again).
</hat>