[conspire] Contact DOJ and tell them to blow it out their ass

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Wed Mar 15 16:52:32 PDT 2017

On 03/15/2017 07:05 PM, Dana Goyette wrote:
> When I worked at the Disability Resource Center (DRC) at Cal Poly SLO,
> one of the tasks was to run scans of books through TTS for students.
> It was hard to deal with technical books, but for general ed classes, it
> was easy enough.  We also had volunteers read and record some
> non-technical books.
>
> I'd imagine they (UC Berkeley) could add closed-captioning of videos to
> the equivalent department's tasks.

BTW last year I felt the need to waste a bit of time and watch MIT
Quantum Dynamics courses and nearly all Susskind's continuous education
lectures (Stanford).

Captions would come really handy to search through the courses even if
you're not blind or deaf.

Still even if Susskind's lectures were fun, I found video lessons
inefficient and I went back to books. I still feel the pain I've
insisted to watch them to the end in spite of picking up some good book.

I'm extremely ignorant about alternative technical means to learn.
I think anyway that what's really missing is the possibility to make
questions or at least to discuss with others, this requires others
people time and it is hard to make it free.

I regularly discuss with other people in the software industry and there
are a lot of resources to share ideas, including things like github that
don't have an equivalent in other disciplines, at least to my knowledge.

I feel a bit ashamed to go on a physicist forum/resource and ask
questions and that's strange because I've a formal education as a
physicist but not as a software engineer.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it http://www.borgonovo.net