[conspire] Watering automation: an edge case cautionary tale

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Mon Mar 6 20:51:58 PST 2017

Since OpenSprinkler is open source, you could, in theory modify the software so the green house gets watered on a fixed schedule independent of rain.
In my experience, projects like that get put on the round-to-it-list.  On the other hand, if I have such a problem with a closed source project, I tend to get annoyed until I find a F.O.S.S. that I can use.  Then my blood pressure relaxes and I add another item on the list of projects I might get to someday...