[conspire] (forw) Re: Need to Install Ubuntu Linux

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jan 27 00:59:40 PST 2017

Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 00:58:55 -0800
From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
To: [redacted]
Subject: Re: Need to Install Ubuntu Linux

Kristina, again, with your kind indulgence, this is for Robert.

Robert, I forgot to add:  Officially, the Ubuntu Linux project states
that a PC intended for Ubuntu v. 16.04 LTS need only have a minimum of
2 GB of RAM.  As I mentioned in my earlier reply, it's a reasonable
guess that your HP EliteDesk 800 tower has 8 GB RAM in it.

I mention the comparison of those two numbers for perspective.  My guess
is that 8GB would seem enough, except on occasions when you are running
multiple large desktop applications simultaneously or many Web browser
tabs.  If you were to double (to 16 GB) or triple (to 24 GB) your total
RAM, I predict you will find the machine's performance amazingly good.

----- End forwarded message -----