[conspire] Old hardware, ridiculously old hardware: free RAM for you

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Thu Jan 19 10:06:54 PST 2017

blue painters tape and regular masking tape
both get pretty crispy over time, leave residue,
but effective.  and i don't generally care that
much about residue on old computer equpment.

chalk markers are cool, easy to read from across
the room.  sometimes they don't erase that well
off of textured paint.  not so good for rain-exposed
surfaces.  chalk markers write on black computer
cases nicely.

but of course- label makers produce more
professional looking labels.  and readability of
handwriting can be a problem for some.  i
tend to exaggerate the strokes when labelling
to ensure readability. my handwriting notes to
self and my labelling handwriting are pretty far
apart.