[conspire] Twitter awesomeness

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Feb 21 11:18:42 PST 2017

Seen because Deirdre retweeted it:
https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/833066064686804993

It's a cascade of two tweets:

  @briankrebs:  United just bumped Vint Cerf.  Was supposed to be
  in seat next to me.

  @secureisd:   It's OK.  I'm sure he'll just automatically find
  another route.

Back in 1998, I was at the World Science Fiction Convention in Baltimore
when Cerf, one of the architects of the Internet, showed up and got a
previously unplanned talk, 'Interplanetary Internets', on that day's
schedule on very short notice (like, one hour).  I went to the room
assigned to his talk, and it was already filling up with other
scruffy-looking Unix people who'd doubtless heard about it via some
Internet grapevine or other.  Cerf showed up and (predictably) had
trouble getting his laptop talking to the projection equipment,
something every speaker expects.

Seeing a once-in-a-lifetime chance at a bon mot, I turned to the
audience, pointed out Cerf's problem, and asked 'Is there anyone
technical in the house?'