[conspire] Public service announcement: Get your flu shot today.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Dec 23 13:41:06 PST 2017

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2017/12/22/why-this-may-be-a-bad-flu-season-especially-around-the-holidays/

  "Flu is picking up and picking up early," said Daniel Jernigan,
  director of the influenza division at the Centers for Disease Control
  and Prevention.
  [...]

  CDC’s latest weekly influenza data, released Friday, shows that since
  Oct. 1, there have been more than 13,400 confirmed cases in the United
  States as of last Saturday.  This is more than six times the number of
  such cases at this time last year. Widespread flu activity has been
  reported in 23 states.

  CDC's flu forecasters say there’s a 30 percent chance the season will
  peak around the end of December and a 60 percent chance that the
  greatest incidence will be by late January, Jernigan said.
  [...]

If you are not yet vaccinated, do it _now_.  It might save your life.
And I'd really rather not have people I care about die this winter
season.  Tusen takk!