[conspire] On communication with lawyers

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Fri Sep 30 11:34:11 PDT 2016

begin Rick Moen quotation of Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 02:35:50AM -0700:

> Things you sign for a lawyer (someone else's) formalise an agreement.
> You give something up; you get something in return.  Mom taught me:
> Always think about what it is you're giving up, and what you're getting.

I'll meet with or exchange documents with a live
lawyer any time -- but what gives me the willies is
all this "by taking this ordinary action you agree to
become a party to a contract written by some lawyer
you have never met" jive. (I guess that's why I
get music by paying cash for a CD from the stack
by some musician's instrument case instead of on
the Internet.)

--
Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/