[conspire] AWS & DNS SOA serial numbers

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 12 00:04:03 PDT 2016

Ah, yes.  The way you describe it, and I've seen AWS's DNS
described elsewhere, definitely sounds very much like
some database backed system.  Whether they're using
PowerDNS Authoritative Server = pdns ... or more-or-less
"reinvented" something quite similar themselves, the
behavior sounds quite similar.  That certainly would
explain a fair bit of it.

Thanks for the information!