[conspire] Android app ecosystem

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri May 13 01:56:43 PDT 2016

I wrote:

> Suggestions?  Places that curate / catalog / reveiw open source Android
> applications?

*crickets*

OK, I'll find some:

https://f-droid.org/
  F-Droid is an installable catalogue of FOSS (Free and Open Source
  Software) applications for the Android platform. The client makes it
  easy to browse, install, and keep track of updates on your device.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free_and_open-source_Android_applications
  This is an incomplete list of notable applications (apps) that run on
  the Android platform that meet guidelines for free software and
  open-source software. For a more extensive list of apps, see the
  External links section below.

http://www.aopensource.com/
  The Android Open Source ressources and software database.

https://prism-break.org/en/categories/android/

http://droid-break.info/
  Droid-Break is a list of free and open source Android apps inspired by
  Prism-Break. Our purpose is to show you high quality alternatives to the
  big proprietary solutions.

https://github.com/pcqpcq/open-source-android-apps
  This is a collection of Android Apps which are open source.
  I believe that we can find something interesting and gain helpful skills
  from an open source app.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-of-the-best-open-source-Android-apps

https://fossdroid.com/
  Free and open source Android apps