[conspire] (forw) Re: [GoLugTech] Terrible customer

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri May 6 22:27:51 PDT 2016

'Honey, there's a spider in here!  Never mind, took care of it.  Now,
what were you saying again?'

----- Forwarded message from Rick Moen via Tech <tech at golug.org> -----

Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 22:21:32 -0700
From: Rick Moen via Tech <tech at golug.org>
To: tech at golug.org
Subject: Re: [GoLugTech] Terrible customer

Quoting Aaron Morrison (ae4ko1 at gmail.com):

> What you really need to do is something like this:
> http://jollyrogertelephone.com/finally-a-realistic-plan-to-stop-unsolicited-telemarketing/
>
> He's asking for a subscription (a token amount, really) to cover his
> costs, but it's essentially an asterisk server with a custom bot.
> Pretty effective despite not being very "smart"
>
> All around a clever solution.

Listening to the YouTube clips right now.  That's pure gold.

I agree.  I hope such things become well-developed.  Although I'm not
prepared to be an early adopter this time, clearly this is exactly the
sort of thing that is needed.