[conspire] (forw) [GoLugTech] Terrible customer

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Wed May 4 17:15:43 PDT 2016

begin Rick Moen quotation of Wed, May 04, 2016 at 02:57:49PM -0700:
> Quoting Paul Zander (paulz at ieee.org):
>
> > Here is a totally different strategy for robocalls, which I learned from Consumer Reports.
> >
> > Use https://www.nomorobo.com/
>
> [...]
> > It costs nothing.
>
> Except autonomy and privacy.
>
> Forwarding all incoming calls to an outsourced service means that that
> service gets all details about who calls your number and when.  Your are
> also outsourcing the decision about what calls to send back to your
> system.  I think this is an appalling idea.

When peak robocalling season starts, I'm going to
plug the house phone line into the printer (which
has a rarely used fax feature) at dinnertime.  If it
gets into the right databases as a fax line that
could help.

--
Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/