[conspire] [Felton LUG] Fwd: Apple Users Targeted

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Tue Mar 8 18:56:17 PST 2016

> A Macintoy 'dmg' file is a disk image, which upon download gets
> loopback-mounted as a volume.  Macintoy users tend to mindlessly just
> download any old dmg and clicky-clicky the thing.  Not bothering to

> check posted checksums and gpg signatures is a serious mistake.

So back to my personal project of downloading assorted Linux iso files.

Finding the checksums sometimes isn't easy.  For example, go to ww.debian.org

In the upper right is a box, "Download Debian 8.3"

Click on the box and it starts downloading
  debian-8.3.0-amd64-i386-netinst.iso
But where is the file with the checksums for that particular file?