[conspire] VirtualBox

Leo P yaconsult at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 11:13:29 PST 2016

As the holder of a windows 8 license, you are entitled to a free upgrade to
windows 10 which seems much better than windows 8 once the spyware aspects
are turned off with SpyBot Anti-Beacon:
https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

My suggestion would be to download the official windows 10 ISO from
microsoft at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
I would NOT do an upgrade but would record and store my windows 8 license
number as it will be automatically converted to a windows 10 license once
you apply it to the fresh install of windows 10 that I suggest you do from
the ISO you downloaded.
I would then decide how much of the disk space I wanted to use for windows
and how much for linux and repartition and format the hard drive using
gparted running from a usb key or cdrom.  Then I would install windows 10
into the partition I created for it, update it, and then install linux.
When you install linux it will also install grub and allow you to choose
which OS to boot: windows 10 or linux.

That is how I do it.  Others, I'm sure, will have different opinions.  No
need to have the overhead of visualization unless/until it's needed.

Leo