[conspire] Cautionary Tale: Fwd: [Baypiggies] NOTICE: http://meetup.com/baypiggies is no longer associated with baypiggies users group

Dan Bikle dan.bikle at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 13:35:02 PST 2016

The recent history of that Meetup is a tragedy.

It took years to build up membership of that Meetup.

Then Suresh took it over and kicked out anyone who refused to give him
money.

Within a short period of time the social-graph embedded inside that Meetup,
evaporated like a collection of water molecules following a path to higher
entropy.

Hopefully Glen and others can build up another awesome Python Meetup.

Moral: If you control a mechanism which connects a community, hold it dear.