[conspire] New registrar, my third, after a mere 15 years at one

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Feb 29 18:50:09 PST 2016

Quoting Carl Myers (cmyers at cmyers.org):

> +1 on the joker.com recommend.  I've been using them for a decade or
> so and they are the first company I interacted with that actually PGP
> signed all their communications, automated and otherwise.

Personally, I care much more that they have a long track record of fair
and reasonable conduct towards customers, and non-abusive contract terms
and policies.

I certainly think crypto-signed mail is a good idea -- but lack of it on
messages purporting from a registrar is not realistically a problem.
The first thing I'm going to do, after hearing anything significant, is
login to the customer record at my domain's registrar, so it's not like
I need put any trust in the mail contents, for starters.

Out of curiosity, are you able to vet that signature through a chain of
trust?  What leads you to trust that PGP key to be theirs?  (Merely
curious.)