[conspire] bank doesn't like Iceweasel

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Tue Aug 30 16:25:57 PDT 2016

For some time, I have been used to bank websites telling me that I should be using Firefox. I just ignore it and proceed with my business.

Now I have encountered a bank that will only let me access my account if I use Firefox, Chrome, Safari or IE.

How can I run Firefox under Debian?

/usr/bin/firefox is a script that re-directs to iceweasel.

I tried downloading the tarball.  It unpacked to more than 40 files.

Just trying to execute the main file did not work:

   $ . ./firefox
   bash: .: ./firefox: cannot execute binary file