[conspire] debian package

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Tue Aug 16 10:27:36 PDT 2016

I am trying to use a math package called gmsh.  I am using Debian testing.
The package has some problems, a key block of features doesn't run.  On a Windows machine gmsh works fine.
Both are Version 2.12.0  On Windows, the build date is 20160305.  On testing the build date is 21060531.  I found a couple of web-posts dated 6/2 from someone else with the same problem.  The postings discussed compiling the code.  There were no replies.
The latest testing build date remains 5/31.   The unstable package is 2.13.  So obviously a newer version.
Is there a "not too complicated" way to update this one package from testing to unstable?  Or is this not advisable?  The package has dependencies on libc6.
Paul