[conspire] robo calls

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Mon Sep 14 10:58:29 PDT 2015

Background:
  In past, I have tried black-listing certain numbers, but there are 2 limitations:
  * The robo calls keep coming from new phone numbers, and I have to manually add each new number.
   * Only a limited number of phone numbers can be black-listed.

So I signed up with NoMoRobo.

The process required going first to their website and answering a few questions, including who was my telephone provider.   (ATT).

Then I had to follow the directions on NoMoRobo to login my ATT account and add the NoMoRobo phone number under the "find me" feature.  Now, everytime someone calls me, it also "rings" at the NoMoRobo computer.

Since then, I have had several "one ring" calls. Those that I have matched to CallerId give numbers I don't recognize.  Some CallerIds have been "VOIP caller".  I haven't had to black list any new numbers.

So I am happy, except for the fact that someone is getting notified about every incoming call.  OK, the NSA already has that info, but what else might go wrong?