[conspire] Sunset Gardens, Menlo Park: Visit now or never

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Sat Oct 31 09:45:20 PDT 2015

I certainly hope everyone had the chance for a last visit to a really great place.  I made a point of going to the last of the annual Sunset Celebration Weekends this June.

It would have been well-worth the regular admission price, but through a connection, I got in as a volunteer.  After talking to the gardening experts, see cooking demos and dreaming about travel, I spent a couple hours pouring beer.  Which meant I didn't have to buy a ticket to quench my thirst!

I hope their new facilities serve them well, but they won't be as convenient for us in the South Bay.

Paul