[conspire] CIA chief Brennan hints new gov't initiative against crypto

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Tue Nov 24 23:39:05 PST 2015

Increasingly it is obvious that these attacks on Frances were a
political blunder and no amount of surveillance would have prevented them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/25/world/europe/its-capital-frozen-belgium-surveys-past-failures-and-squabbles.html?action=click&contentCollection=Middle%20East&region=Footer&module=WhatsNext&version=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&moduleDetail=undefined&pgtype=Multimedia

BRUSSELS — A month before the Paris terrorist attacks, Mayor Françoise
Schepmans of Molenbeek, a Brussels district long notorious as a haven
for jihadists, received a list with the names and addresses of more than
80 people suspected as Islamic militants living in her area.

The list, based on information from Belgium’s security apparatus,
included two brothers who would take part in the bloodshed in France on
Nov. 13, as well as the man suspected of being the architect of the
terrorist plot, Abdelhamid Abaaoud, a Molenbeek resident who had left
for Syria to fight for the Islamic State in early 2014.

“What was I supposed to do about them? It is not my job to track
possible terrorists,” Ms. Schepmans said in an interview. That, she
added, “is the responsibility of the federal police.”
Continue reading the main story