[conspire] (forw) Re: [Felton LUG] Keyboard woes fixed

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 11 02:32:52 PST 2015

So classic.

----- Forwarded message from 'Meg McRoberts' via Felton LUG <felton-lug at googlegroups.com> -----

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 01:00:10 +0000 (UTC)
From: 'Meg McRoberts' via Felton LUG <felton-lug at googlegroups.com>
To: "felton-lug at googlegroups.com" <felton-lug at googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Felton LUG] Keyboard woes fixed

This is a follow-up, especially good for those of you who are needing a good laughon a Tuesday afternoon...
Remember that I posted that I had a bunch of very strange keyboard issues -- sometimesit worked perfectly, sometimes it virtually didn't work at all.  One more exceedingly strangesymptom:  the keyboard worked perfectly for the Washington Post crossword puzzles, evenwhen it didn't work at all for other tasks.
Discussions of hardware versus software ensued, all very interesting...

Today I realized that I had two USB keyboards plugged into the same computer!  A few\weeks ago, I spilled something on my keyboard.  I just shoved it out of the way andplugged in a new one and kind of forgot about the other one.  But today, I was tidying upthe desk a bit and saw that the old keyboard was plugged in.  I unplugged it and voila,the other keyboard seems to be working perfectly!
Maybe not QUITE as bad as the old SCO Follies skit where the user kept adding CDsinto the drive rather than removing one before putting the next one in but I think it's aclose contender.  And actually kind of interesting to try to figure out how the system handlesthe presence of two keyboards -- it wasn't usually possible before USB keyboards, I suppose...
So thanks for all your thoughts and I apologize for frittering away so many brain cells on anid10t issue!  Laugh away!
meg