[conspire] Something completely different.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri May 15 23:33:35 PDT 2015

Quoting Paul Zander (paulz at ieee.org):

> Earlier today I was talking to a friend. He had recently been on a trip
> to Seattle where he happened to find a salt and pepper set in the
> design of a tardis and a dalek. When checking in for his flight home,
> his carry on luggage was X-rayed several times before the TSA agent
> pulled it aside. When he saw the dalek, he said it looked dangerous
> and wouldn't be allowed on the plane. This despite that fact that it
> was in a box clearly labeled salt and pepper shaker!
>
> After a short while, a supervisor came over, and said, “I understand you
> have a dalek. Do you mind if I see it?”
>
> When the agent handed it to her, she remarked, “Yes indeed that is a
> dalek.”
>
> The flustered agent responded, “That's what the he said it was.”
>
> To summarize, tardis and dalek were allowed on the plane and are now in
> Los Gatos. So be careful if you are in the south Bay, because we all
> know that a dalek can be very dangerous.

Somehow, much as one might be tempted to grab the salt & pepper set,
point it at the TSA agent, and say 'EXTERMINATE!  EXTERMINATE!
EXTERMINATE!  YOU ARE AN ENEMY OF THE DALEKS!  YOU MUST BE DESTROEYE!',
I doubt this would have facilitated the progress of your travel plans.

--
Rick Moen               The Doctor:  "I feel disoriented."
rick at linuxmafia.com     Sarah Jane Smith:  "This is the disorientation centre."