[conspire] Script for wifi connections in gawk

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Thu Mar 26 08:01:20 PDT 2015

Rick Moen:
> Wifish also requires GNU awk, which is what it's written in.

Note that for various reasons, Debian systems default to mawk, which is
a far smaller implementation of POSIX awk.  There are advantages to gawk
over mawk, which I've used myself:

    http://zork.net/~nick/loyhargil/if/if.awk

Yes that's a complete text adventure written in awk.  If I were to do it
in mawk, I'd probably need to move that call to `next` out of the
`prompt()` function and put it after each call to it.  Not great, but
not a hardship.

The more I study parser-based interactive fiction, the less silly I find
the idea of doing it in awk as I did a decade ago.