[conspire] Quiet, Freedom-compatible NAT/firewall/misc box?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Mar 16 04:11:09 PDT 2015

I wrote:

> AMD's Kabini and Temash ('Jaguar' SoC, Socket AM1 or Socket FT3) were
> their low-power APUs for notebooks in 2013.  Looks like these were
> succeeded in mid-2014 by 'Beema' as the high-power 15 watt series, and
> 'Mullins' as the 4.5 watt one ('Puma' SoC, Socket FT3b).
> http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-tablet-processor,3813.html
>

> Mullins:
> Family    Model  TDP   Cores
> A10-Micro 6700T  4.5W  4
> A4-Micro  6400T  4.5W  4
> E1-Micro  6200T  3.95W 2
>
> Beema:
> Family    Model  TDP   Cores
> A6        6310    15W  4
> A4        6210    15W  4
> E2        6110    15W  4
> E1        6010    10W  2
>
> Unfortunately, so far as I can see so far, Beema/Mullins seem to have
> been ignored by the OEMs except for some HP Pavillion tablets and
> netbooks.

Here, finally, is a series of fanless mini-PCs based on the AMD E1
Micro-6200T 'Mullins' SoC, including one with two LAN ports:
http://www.fit-pc.com/web/products/fitlet/fitlet-i/
Looks like variants based on the higher-end A10-6700T SoC can now also
be ordered.

It's funny that none of the usual suspects (ASUS, Gigabyte, ASRock,
etc.) are yet making mini-ATX motherboards for these SoCs, though maybe
I'm missing something?  Anyway, the Kabini offerings such as that ASRock
bundle I mentioned strike me as pretty sweet for the price.