[conspire] Quiet, Freedom-compatible NAT/firewall/misc box?

Ross Bernheim rossbernheim at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 19:16:07 PDT 2015

Pi 2 does not need the heat sink. While quad core, it is make using a newer smaller process so generates less heat. Also the Pi2 uses the newer power supply section that is much more efficient and creates less heat. Also the memory is
moved to a chip on the bottom of the board which reduced the heat in the CPU from the earlier system on a chip configuration.

Ethernet might be a problem as the usb chip is used to do the ethernet. So doing two ethernet ports might be pushing things a bit, particularly if you also want to hang a disk drive off of the usb controller as well.

Ross