[conspire] Some spam handling

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Mar 3 01:56:21 PST 2015

I wrote:

> I haven't bothered to look inside the attached Zip files of the recent
> mails that I _think_ are the ones Daniel commented on, but figured they
> were extremely likely to be yet more MS-Windows malware.

Took a very brief look at one of the unpacked Zips:  Very, very likely
to be the MS-Windows malware du jour.  (Wrapper text of the message, and
the filenames, are in Polish, for whatever that's worth.)

/tmp $ file 'obwiezczenie o wy+?o++eniu.DOC.exe'
obwiezczenie o wy+?o++eniu.DOC.exe: PE32 executable for MS Windows (GUI) Intel 80386 32-bit
/tmp $

I've just doubled the size of message permitted to be sent to spamd,
via this adjustment in /etc/exim4/sa-exim.conf -- and restarted Exim:

# How much of the body we feed to spamassassin (in bytes)
# Default is 250KB
#SAmaxbody: 256000
SAmaxbody: 512000