[conspire] (forw) Testing New Keyboard

Scott DuBois rhcom.linux at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 14:45:45 PDT 2015

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 12:06:22AM -0700, Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:

> > On Jun 27, 2015, at 11:22 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> >
> > Robert Johnstone dropped by with his keyboard.  I _think_ I know what's
> > going on and gave him two candidate solutions.  Robert brought just his
> > (new) keyboard and an adapter (about which, more in a minute).  He did
> > _not_ bring his PC system unit.
>
> So, amazingly, it turns out that the symptoms were as described, just incomplete information.

I'm wondering, if the keyboard USB was being routed through a pointer device
PS/2 adapter, has our friend considered now trying a keyboard USB to PS/2
adapter? I'm sure the pin configurations are completely different.

However, during his time testing, how did he manage to have both a mouse and a
keyboard plugged in at the same time if both were using pointer device PS/2? I
have not seen a board that provided two PS/2 for the same device type before.

--
Scott DuBois       "The true sign of intelligence is...
BSIT/SE	                 not knowledge but imagination"