[conspire] How not to do antispam, latest in a continuing series

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Mon Feb 23 05:59:25 PST 2015

On 02/23/2015 05:43 AM, Rick Moen wrote:
> I have to say, Ruben, you're an interesting case in certain ways.
> Sometimes, I give people heartfelt and careful advice squarely within my
> areas of expertise and they blow it off because they're not paying
> attention.  Other such people just reflexively ignore absolutely
> everything they're not paying a lot of money for (especially free
> advice).

I don't do either of those.  I do something that might seem odd.  I
investigate solutions, then ask opinions of those I trust and weigh my
options according to how I judge things after all the input.

I've been too busy with school work to get back to playing with mail
settings.

I will say this though, nobody's ridicule or complaints will make me
change my decisions....and I'm not much on peer pressure.  And I am
getting close to the point of just turning off email and letting it go
the way of the cellphone (which I also don't have one).  If it becomes
too much of emotional burden, I'll ditch it.

Ruben

PS - I take it you don't love Richards autoresponder.