[conspire] robo calls

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Sun Aug 9 10:01:53 PDT 2015

With so many interesting discussions at CABAL, there was a question I didn't get to ask.

Does anyone know anything about NoMoRobo.com which I learned about from the latest issue of Consumer Reports?   This service promises to get rid of 90% of those annoying robo calls.

It only works on land lines, not cell phones.  Apparently, every call to your home also "rings" their computer.  It then checks its "black list" data base and automatically disconnects the telemarketers who don't pay any regard to the do not call list.

It might be a free service at this time. I also am not sure about if I want all of my personal calls recorded on some other computer system.  Or maybe the NSA has everything anyway.