[conspire] Quiet, Freedom-compatible NAT/firewall/misc box?

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Thu Apr 23 20:07:03 PDT 2015

On 03/18/2015 09:21 PM, Don Marti wrote:
> begin Rick Moen quotation of Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 04:11:09AM -0700:
>
>> Here, finally, is a series of fanless mini-PCs based on the AMD E1
>> Micro-6200T 'Mullins' SoC, including one with two LAN ports:
>> http://www.fit-pc.com/web/products/fitlet/fitlet-i/
>> Looks like variants based on the higher-end A10-6700T SoC can now also
>> be ordered.
>
> Wow -- that looks ideal, thank you.  Also has 2 HDMI
> displays so can set it up to also run Synergy as
> extra workspace, or something.  Guess I'll wait until
> they're back in stock, maybe set up a temporary NAT
> box with an old laptop until them.

As I said in my other post, while the fitlet is currently unobtainium,
their fit-PC4 is orderable. Also, the Deciso Netboard A10 comes in a
rackmount version with a free/open BIOS. I also linked MiniITX boards,
including "Rangeley" Atoms, the same as the Avoton that Dana mentioned
but with hardware crypto at the expense of a little general-purpose CPU
power and with a longer product lifecycle.