[conspire] (forw) [svlug] Electronics Flea Market this Saturday

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Fri Mar 14 15:09:26 PDT 2014

Cold isn't as much of a problem as rain.

There is another consideration:
This event is conducted by various Amateur Radio clubs.   At present there are 7 clubs; therefore 7 flea markets from March to October.

BTW, This year there will be no Electronics Flea Market in October.  There is a schedule conflict with an Amateur Radio Convention at Marriott Hotel in Santa Clara.  There will be a flea market outside the hotel; anyone can come and shop.  Only the inside activities require registration.

At a future CABAL, I would be glad to share the history of this event.  It started in the 70's at the Electronics Museum at Foothill College.  The museum is long gone, but the flea market has taken on a life of its own.

-Paul