[conspire] stupid questions, lazy people

Jim Auer auerpauer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 12:40:37 PST 2014

Quoting Rick Moen:

A large percentage of the time when I answer technical questions on
Linux forums, I acquired those answers by using a search engine for two
or three minutes, just before posting.

What I think some of you very knowledgeable people forget is just how very
knowledgeable you are. I am guilty of it myself at times.

But the next time you perform a 2 to 3 minute search, stop and look at the
terms you submit to the search engine. Also look at all the hits you don't
click on because they don't have the right terms/phrases in the proper
relation to reach other.

The learning curve to this stuff is huge. Never forget that.

-Jim