[conspire] Rick Moen's voicemail is not a CABAL switchboard

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jun 7 18:46:15 PDT 2013

I got back from my two weeks in Europe and there was a voicemail --
marked by sender with the 'urgent' flag -- left for me by a CABAL
member.

(You will go unnamed, but know who you are.  ;->  )

This CABAL member wanted me to telephone him to let him know if I had a
mailing address for another specific CABAL member.

The mean and nasty me -- the one who was plowing through thousands of
e-mails and unfux0ring the SVLUG Web server in the middle of the night
while jetlagged -- very nearly telephoned the requestor at 3AM to say
'No, I am not going around providing addresses of people for other
people.  Do something sensible like asking on the CABAL mailing list,
for gosh sakes.'  And when that person complained about a 3AM call, I
would say 'That's what you get for flagging your voicemail as "urgent".'

But I was nice and didn't call him -- and deleted the voicemail instead.

People:  _Try_ to use technology cluefully.  Please.