[conspire] Sat. bringin some shrimp

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jun 7 18:07:26 PDT 2013

Quoting Bruce Coston (jane_ikari at yahoo.com):

> been super exhausted lately but plan on bringing shrimp Sat. . Anyone
> with useful advice about tde. / kde3.x ? - Bruce

Delighted to hear you'll be coming.

I'm not sure what I'll be cooking, but probably will be inspired once
the jetlag wears off a bit.

Gosh, I would have thought you, not the rest of us, would be the expert
on current offerings of Trinity Desktop Environment / KDE3.
http://trinitydesktop.org/wiki/bin/view/Documentation/LiveCDs suggests
Fedora, PCLInuxOS, Ubuntu, or Debian, if you want relatively no-fuss TDE
(preinstalled).  If you are willing to cook it yourself a bit, but
without the serious trouble of compiling, there's installation
instructions leveraging TDE binary repos here:
http://trinitydesktop.org/installation.php

But I'll bet you knew that.

(Also:  Jose Tavera, friend!  Please remember to bring my piece of
flatware back.  That silver fork or spoon.   Thanks.)