[conspire] supported graphics cards

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Wed Jul 3 09:47:39 PDT 2013

>> I can't help noticing that, by eschewing chipsets nobody's had time to
>> work out good open-source support for, I consistently end up with zero
>> driver problems.  Coincidence?  You decide.

> I think maybe luck may have had something to do with it, maybe the open
> source is with you, Rick.  Unfortunately I have found that it often
> takes quite a bit more than a year for the open source driver to make
> hardware fully functional.

It's not a function of time, it's a function of skill and effort.
It's only a function of time in terms of how long it takes for someone
who cares and has the skill to do the work.  Most of us just wait for
some other good-hearted soul to do the work that we happily use for
free, and some of us complain about how long it took.

This is one of the reasons it's good to vote with our wallets and buy
hardware with open standards, or, better yet, vendor-contributed
open-source drivers.

Tony