[conspire] more re touchscreen / tablet style scrolling and touchpad manipulation

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Apr 18 15:52:43 PDT 2013

Quoting Tony Godshall (togo at of.net):

> I've long been convinced perl is a better awk than awk, a better sed
> than sed, and a better grep than grep.  Doesn't mean you should use it
> for actual programming tho.

If I had a penny for every telling me that (the former bit), I'd have a
really big pile of pennies.  (I've learned to smile, nod, back away
slowly, and get back to getting the work done using awk and sed.)  De
gustibus non est disputandum, as we say in Norwegian.

> And what if you have to match paths, hmmm?  do you enjoy slanty-stick-land?

Learn to love /\/crazy\/drunken\/path\/to\/file/ regex syntax.  ;->