[conspire] running without a DE- ancilliary tools? [was Re: (forw) Re: InstallFest on Apr. 13th]

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Apr 17 21:43:46 PDT 2013

Quoting Tony Godshall (togo at of.net):

> My wife wants to upgrade to stainless, narrow and tall, counter depth,
> easy-open door.
>
> Our old one works fine, but's probably not that energy efficient.
>
> Want it?  "energy saving free-o-frost amana 20".  hard to tell if the
> model is br20j or bc20j.  Pale yellow.  Maybe they call it almond.

Very nice of you to offer, but the bought-but-not-yet-delivered new
one's kind of a done deal at this point, and I'm rather looking forward
to it, suspiciously hedonistic icemaker and all.

Like this:
http://www.hhgregg.com/whirlpool-24-5-cu-ft-69-high-stainless-steel-counter-depth-side-by-side-refrigerator/item/GSC25C4EYY
You might actually consider one, as it appears to be about what your
wife wants.

(I have that Scandinavian urge towards minor-league asceticism at times:
Ice cubes you don't have to work to create seem like cheating, and
offend my residual pseudo-Lutheranism.)