[conspire] Receiving larger files from non-linux users?

James Sundquist sundquistjames at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:52:30 PDT 2012

    I've been relying on Dropbox a lot for sharing files over the last few
years and it works okay, but I'm interested in exploring other methods.
These days a lot of raw photography, HD video, and wav audio are being
exchanged.  Size is a concern and often those sharing with me have limited
technical experience and a proprietary operating system.  CloudApp has been
recommended, but it has a size limitation of only ten 25mb files daily.
E-mail is too slow.  Google Drive could work, though they lack a native
Linux client and I've yet to try it.  I'm often unable to get files in
person.  What do you use?