[conspire] Links

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Oct 16 20:23:26 PDT 2012

Still catching up on older threads that moved forward while I was in
Denmark, Norway, the Shetland Islands, Germany, Belgium, Iceland,
Scotland, and Ireland.

Quoting Ehud Kaldor (ehud.kaldor at gmail.com):

> but to the more general point, imagine this: you are walking around
> kicking people in the crouch, and when i comment on it, you say:
> it's fine, i know all these people and they all were jock
> protectors. while your reply does explain why you think no harm will
> come from your actions (and it might well be), i still think it is
> not a very smart one. but obviously, you know better than i in that
> as well. take care.

IMO, there was more than enough context with Adrien's post (especially
his descriptor 'Ceph distributed filesystem') to make it seem both
semantically appropriate for this and other Linux mailing lists _and_
presumptively non-spammy.  As usual, context matters.  (Making a
'general point' tends to discard context.)

Filesystem news is cool.  Providing it is A Good Thing.

I gently suggest just a bit more descriptive text than Adrien provided,
but would not complain even about that.