[conspire] Google Play store says "From now on, reviews you write will be posted publicly using your Google+ name and picture. ..."

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Wed Nov 28 12:07:36 PST 2012

Posted this to Google +.  Curious what people on this list have to say
as well...

Nexus 10 just updated, and when I went to Google Play Store, it said
"From now on, reviews you write will be posted publicly using your
Google+ name and picture. ..."

I dukgo'd for it and found coverage of this issue from Android Police
9 days ago (attached).

I think people will switch to reviewing only apps they like from now
on, and withdrawing reviews rather than changing them when they
encounter problems.  And I'll be able to trust the reviews a lot less,
since anyone saying anything has potential fear of retaliation.

New thought (new to me): Is Google pushing a "war on negativity"?
There's a +1 and not a -1 in G+, after all.  Are we being not so
subtly brainwashed into thinking everything is rosy in the
googleverse?

--
Best Regards.
This is unedited.