[conspire] No Copyright Intended

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Mon Nov 26 13:12:58 PST 2012

begin Paul Zander quotation of Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:43:18AM -0800:

> There is no dialog discussing the effort of making original content, even an essay for school, and just copying / mixing other peoples content.

When I was a kid, if I went to the library to borrow
an LP, or to the record store to buy one, it would
just play at home.  When my parents went shopping
for a "hi-fi", all the components would work with
each other and with all their existing content.

Today, kids are playing the game of "pick the right
DRM scheme to be locked into, or have all your stuff
disappear if you pick the wrong one, or ever decide
to switch."

Good piece from Terence Eden:
  http://shkspr.mobi/blog/2012/11/i-dont-want-to-be-part-of-your-fucking-ecosystem/

It would be an oversimplification to assert that
"these kids today" are unilaterally deciding
to cheat at a fair game.  There's also a lack of
predictable/understandable value from the infotainment
industry side.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/