[conspire] (forw) Re: Fwd: Gnome-shell very slow on boot

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Mon Nov 26 13:03:36 PST 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 12:32:13PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):
> > Anyway, Luis closed them all with the new versions.  1.4 Gnome may have
> > been better and less buggy then the current bizzaro verson.
> At a recent SVLUG talk about the current Fedora 18 beta, I deadpanned to
> speaker Dan Mashal a comment from the audience, about freedesktop.org
> having a standing policy that all code projects must be EOLed and
> rewritten from scratch every 3 months.  He took me seriously, and I had
> to clarify that I was just kidding -- but the joke didn't require much
> exaggeration.

eh - I'm so fed up with the latest "Desktops" that I have reverted to
wmaker.  That wmaker has no current development or primary distrution
support annoys me, but it still seems to be the best option since the

I used to teach this over and over, and it still seems to fly over most
developers and project managers head.